The Future is Insight

The title of this blog works on many levels- it plays off of my belief in hybrids being a critical step towards our future, the fact that introspection and mindful planning are critical to our future, and that the future is literally in sight for those that are willing to see it. Here I chronicle my attempt to Be the Change I wish to see in the world-and to help make that Future a Reality.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

It's Easy Being Green

So in between my lightning assault on the Back 40 (I am a week behind due to the rains last weekend and the trees are in the garage), planting 50 new perrenials with Mia, and teaching the kiddos about worms and beetles I took a break (actually it was becoming hard to hold the shovel from fatigue) ended up surfing ways to make my own biodiesel out of vegetable oil (sunflowers work well) and ended up discovering two fantastic sites that have little to do with biodiesel. One, Journey to Forever is right up my alley-very, very well researched and thier mission is awesome-sounds like a movie plug. It seems every other line has a link to something else that is just as cool or is an original report backing their claims. These folks are all Function over Form-my kind of people! It will take my weeks to digest their site. Good, good fun from Good People.

Off of their site I found a more glitzy site that Mia had also found when we were tracking our ecological footprint. New American Dream is dedicated, much like one of my new favorite magazines, Plenty, to Green Living without going psycho and forming a new religion on your own compound in New Mexico. I was pleased to know that we are already doing 7 of New Dream's 9 things you can do to Turn the Tide (we need to work on our Junkmail), so we need to focus on evalgenlism-much of the reason I started this blog. My incessant prattle about 80mpg commutes have convinced two of my peers to sell their full size trucks (the $3/gl gas helped too)and purchase more fuel effecient autos.

Be the Change.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!

3 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I'm confused. Do you mean "withOUT going psycho" etc?

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger e4 said...

More great links. Too many web sites, not enough time. I wish I had these handy last winter...

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Beo said...

Riiight. That would definetely be WITHout going psycho. I will edit to avoid ostracizing myself further...
Thanks Lindsey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home