The Future is Insight

The title of this blog works on many levels- it plays off of my belief in hybrids being a critical step towards our future, the fact that introspection and mindful planning are critical to our future, and that the future is literally in sight for those that are willing to see it. Here I chronicle my attempt to Be the Change I wish to see in the world-and to help make that Future a Reality.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

90 mpg!!!!!

I finally did it-I broke the 90 mpg barrier this week on the commute home! Taking a different route home, with a tail wind and favorable traffic allowing me to draft at 60mpg on the state highway I earned myself High Honors with a 90.1 over 15 miles. With a few stops thru town including an errand I still ecked out a 82.6 over 27 miles. This in a 4 star safety rated car with another 40,000 left on the warranty!

The Future is Insight!

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!

3 Comments:

At 5:46 AM, Blogger Morgan said...

I personally like your car full of rocks but beating a land spead record can be fun in of its self

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Beo said...

The Forester full of rocks has a very utilitarian aesthic, especially given that it saved me (and the cedar trees) from putting in wood supports for my bed.

Just to clarify-this post was for miles per gallon-even though the my hybrid Honda Insight is amazingly effecient, having my fuel mileage gauge read over 90 miles per gallon was a real feat!

Thanks for reading Morgan!

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger e4 said...

Wow, I had no idea such a thing was possible. At least not in a mass-produced car.

You may not have a lot of land, but it sounds like you've done a lot with it. And you are learning. And I'm learning just by reading your experiences...

Good luck. I wish I could get 1/2 that mileage!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home