The Future is Insight

The title of this blog works on many levels- it plays off of my belief in hybrids being a critical step towards our future, the fact that introspection and mindful planning are critical to our future, and that the future is literally in sight for those that are willing to see it. Here I chronicle my attempt to Be the Change I wish to see in the world-and to help make that Future a Reality.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Counting the Sparrows

So coming into work this morning I was feeling the groove-nice colorful sunrise thru the mist, warm still morning air. Very picturesque and I was looking to repeat the Insight's record 81 mpg inbound commute from yesterday. I get onto Cnty B and see a Sandhill flying to the north off on my left. I sigh and think how lucky we are in that we live in the country; reveling in seeing cranes weekly. Then I get to F, cross the freeway and get back onto B. Rounding a turn I see a doe running North thru a field not 75 yards to my left. I have never seen a deer on my commute in 2 years and I pondered the serendipity of that occurrence. Then not 2 miles later I see a fox, a black fox infact, running north-the same directions as the others and again to my left. In my almost 32 years on this great Earth this is only the second fox I have seen. It was the fox that put me over-that is too much wildlife for one morning, and a black fox (it was not a dog) is just weird.

Now we are prone to interpretation in my family-seeing signs as it were. Anyone car to take a shot at interpreting this?

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home