The Future is Insight

The title of this blog works on many levels- it plays off of my belief in hybrids being a critical step towards our future, the fact that introspection and mindful planning are critical to our future, and that the future is literally in sight for those that are willing to see it. Here I chronicle my attempt to Be the Change I wish to see in the world-and to help make that Future a Reality.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Beo's vaca... the saga continues.

So besides writing an epic primer on Permaculture Guilds off the top of my head this morning from the hotel room, I have been keeping busy here in Chapel Hill, NC. Yesterday I had stumbled upon an interesting looking establishment named 3Cups ferreted away in a quaint little courtyard marred only by the fact that it is completely torn up for construction. The décor was striking-somewhere between African and post modern and the door was partially covered by crates of empty glass milk jugs waiting to be refilled.

So today after wiling away a portion of the afternoon under a tulip tree on campus finishing my 24 hour blitz thru The Consumer’s Guide to Effective Environmental Choices written by the Union of Concerned Scientists I walked up the street to see if 3Cups would live up to my initial impressions.

First off 3Cups specializes in just three things-all of which cry out to my inner elitist: coffee, wine, and chocolate. It’s too early for wine, and not being hungry I hit the coffee bar. The barista directed me to their coffee list (yes they have a coffee list) and I was struck by their pricing, which was closer to what I am used to paying per pound than per cup. Their “select” grades were topping out at over $7.50! My confusion must have been evident enough, as he suggested one of their selects- and pointed me to a display depicting a Central American family standing infront of several large bags of coffee beans. It seems that 3Cups became so enamored with their beans that they have secured their entire crop. Hooked, I proceeded to order a large, only to learn that got me a 64oz French Press worth which I hastily converted to one much smaller.

The coffee is extraordinary, much fruitier than a typical Columbian and I admit that having my own little press at the table with me is fetching.

Chapel Hill is beginning to grow on me!

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home