The Future is Insight

The title of this blog works on many levels- it plays off of my belief in hybrids being a critical step towards our future, the fact that introspection and mindful planning are critical to our future, and that the future is literally in sight for those that are willing to see it. Here I chronicle my attempt to Be the Change I wish to see in the world-and to help make that Future a Reality.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Goodbye, Friend.

Saturday, November 11th brought the passing of my long time friend and partner, my Australian Cattle Dog, Cody, when we chose to end her long fight with failing kidneys and a fading mind.

Mia and I adopted Cody even before we were married-waaaay back in 1997. And even then she was already almost 5. Cody was a warrior princess from a very tough breed-hiking to the top of Harney Peak in South Dakota and, despite being bred for desert heat, tackling multi night winter camping trips in the U.P. of Michigan-always carrying her own pack and refusing help.
A staunch protector of our children and with her indomitable urge to play, a powerful ally against depression: Cody was an incredible dog.
I will miss you, but never forget.
Goodbye, Cody. You have earned your rest.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Melicious said...

Oh, I am so sorry about your loss. I know this is something you have struggled with for some time. Please give my regards to Mia.
peace,
melissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home